Why MSD Wayne Teachers Love Their Schools and Community

For some, it’s the diversity you’ll find in the MSD of Wayne Township. For others, it’s the great professional development opportunities. Still others say it’s because Wayne feels like “family.”

There are many reasons teachers in MSD Wayne love their students, schools, and community, and why they choose to work in Wayne. “I choose to work in a diverse district like Wayne Township because I really feel like our district genuinely cares to celebrate diversity,” says Rocio Hofmann, a fourth grade teacher at North Wayne Elementary. “What I love most about my students in Wayne is that I can see myself in them,” Hofmann says. “When I look at them, I picture myself as a little girl and I picture my siblings in them, too. And I see how much drive they have in them to be the best that they can be.”

Donavan White teaches math at the Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center. He also grew up in MSD Wayne schools, attending North Wayne Elementary, Fulton Junior High, and Ben Davis High School. “So Wayne Township has always been a home for me,” White says. “Coming back as an employee again was like coming back home.” White also appreciates the diversity found in MSD Wayne. “There are so many different kinds of people, so many different cultures, so many different experiences that you’ll get on a daily basis just because of the diversity we have here.”

Katy Bova began as a student teacher at Rhoades Elementary. She now teaches second grade there. “During my time of student teaching, I saw how much professional development and love for teaching that this township really puts into their schools. It just sparked my love of Wayne Township.”

Katy, Donavan and Rocio are all part of a new video aimed at helping prospective teachers understand the great things about working in MSD Wayne. You may view this video here.

To learn more about applying for a teaching position in MSD Wayne, please visit https://hr.wayne.k12.in.us/ or call 317-988-8600.

ABOUT THE MSD OF WAYNE TOWNSHIP
The Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township provides multiple pathways to success for more than 16,000 students, preschool through high school. Located on the west side of Indianapolis, MSD Wayne works in partnership with the Wayne Township community to help every learner achieve excellence. To learn more about MSD Wayne, visit www.wayne.k12.in.us, or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/msdwaynetownship/ and Twitter @WayneTwpSchools and @WayneTwpSuper.